Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Rihanna's Umbrella love

Rihanna still isn't sick of her song 'Umbrella'.

The track - the first single from her latest album 'Good Girl Gone Bad' - was a worldwide hit and despite being constantly played on TV and the radio, Rihanna still loves hearing it.

She told BANG Showbiz: "I can still listen to it, and do all the time. I love playing it live. I can't wait to get to the end of the show so I can sing it."

Rihanna previously revealed she battled Mary J. Blige to get to record 'Umbrella'.

The stunning star loved the song as soon as she heard it but was devastated when she heard Blige wanted it as well.

So, Rihanna used all her charms to convince the songwriters to give it to her.

She revealed: "Any songwriter would die for Mary to sing one of their songs. So I just prayed that I got it. It was perfect for me - it had a West Indian groove.

"When I saw one of the songwriters at the Grammy Awards, I went up to him and said, 'Listen, 'Umbrella' is my song.'

"He must have thought I was really pushy and laughed it off. But I held his face and I turned it back to my own, 'No, I'm serious, I need 'Umbrella'!' "

No comments:

Read more news on this Celebrity >+