Thursday, October 11, 2007

Lindsay Lohan quits Hollywood


Lindsay Lohan has vowed to stay away from Hollywood to avoid temptation.The 'Mean Girls' star - who was released from Utah's Cirque Lodge treatment centre on Friday (05.10.07) after a two month stay - plans to stay away from Tinseltown in a bid to stay sober.

Lindsay said: "I'm staying in Utah until it's time to shoot 'Dare to Love Me', and then I plan on returning to Utah so I can stay focused and avoid other distractions.

"If I wasn't worried about relapsing, I'd be living in denial. Temptation is always there, but now I'll avoid it the right way.

"I don't blame anybody but from now on I plan to surround myself with good people who have their hearts and their minds in the right places.

"While I've been in Utah I have only spoken to my family."

The 21-year-old star - who has a small role in 'Dare to Love Me', a biopic of Tango legend Carlos Gardel which begins shooting later this month - insisted she has no plans to avoid the film industry in Hollywood, just the party scene.

When asked if she was quitting acting, Lindsay told America's OK! magazine: "Absolutely not - never! I'm here to stay. My talent is a gift, and I'm going to use it in the right way."

Lindsay spoke about her arrest for DUI (driving under the influence) in July - her second arrest this year, which took place after an erratic car chase not long after she left rehab for the first time.

She said: "I hit rock bottom. Everything in my life came to a point where I had to make a decision, the arrest that night helped me come to a point where I had to make one.

"My experience in Utah has been sobering and humbling. It made me look at myself, and all of the people, places and things in my life in a different way. I was in there for substance abuse, after all."

The former child star - who was recently reunited with her father Michael Lohan for the first time in two-and-a-half-years - also spoke about the bitter feud between her father and her mother, Dina.

She said: "I wish it would stop. It hurts when two people you love argue with one another. I don't think any child wants to see their parents argue or see their family fall apart.

"Unfortunately, it happens, and when it does, they should do it with as little effect on their children as possible."

No comments:

Read more news on this Celebrity >+