Monday, May 5, 2008

Eva Longoria's French vow


Eva Longoria has vowed to learn French by the end of the year.

The 'Desperate Housewives' star wants to be able to converse with her basketball husband Tony Parker in his native language.

She said: "I've sworn to myself that I'm going to be able to speak passable French this year. I should be working on it right now, to tell you the truth, but I'm having fun being relaxed and laid-back and I don't want to get stressed out.

"But at some point this year, I'm going to take serious French lessons because I want to be able to understand Tony when he speaks French with his family and friends. Even though Tony always serves as a translator for me, I feel a bit isolated from his family and I want to overcome that and feel closer to them by learning the language."

Eva also said she wants her children to be trilingual - fluent in French, Spanish and English.

She added: "Tony and I want to make sure that our children grow up both in America and in France and that they will be trilingual. Tony will speak to our kids in French and I will teach them Spanish and of course, we would also both speak to them in English."

No comments:

Read more news on this Celebrity >+