Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Scarlett Johansson confirms engagement


Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds are engaged.

The 'Definitely, Maybe' actor - who has been dating Scarlett for more than a year - popped the question to the actress who excitedly said "yes".

Scarlett's representative Marcel Pariseau confirmed: "They are both thrilled."

The couple are yet to set a wedding date.

The 23-year-old star proudly showed off her diamond ring at New York's Metropolitan Museum Costume Institute Gala last night (05.05.08), accessorising it with a tight Dolce and Gabbana dress.

Hugh Jackman - who became close friends with Scarlett, after starring with her in 'Scoop' and 'The Prestige' - recently gave the couple his blessing.

He said: "Ryan Reynolds is one of the funniest guys I've ever met. And we had a really good chat about his girlfriend, because I'm very fond of Scarlett.

"Both my wife Deborra-Lee Furness and I are very proprietary about Scarlett, but Ryan gets a big thumbs up from me! I'm giving my blessing - Ryan is phenomenal."

Ryan was previously engaged to 'Ironic' singer Alanis Morissette, but they split in February 2007 after four years together.

Scarlett has previously been romantically linked to Josh Hartnett and Benicio Del Toro.

No comments:

Read more news on this Celebrity >+