Friday, August 3, 2007

Great mom Britney Spears


Britney Spears loves her "babies to death", according the troubled singer's cousin. Alli Sims has defended the pop star's heavily criticised parenting skills, saying she is a great mom to Sean Preston, 22 months, and Jayden James, 10 months, who she shares custody of with ex-husband Kevin Federline.

She told People magazine: "She's a wonderful mom and she is so hands-on. Britney loves those babies to death. And they adore her."

The 26-year-old - who until recently worked as Britney's assistant - is now following in her famous cousin's footsteps and launching a pop career of her own.

Alli has posted her first song - a cover of 'On My Own' from the stage musical Les Misérables - on her personal website, and plans to release her first material by January.

She said: "I hope everything falls into place, and maybe by January I will have a lot of things under my belt and get to release something. I just want to do what I love. Music is my passion."

Describing her sound, she said: "I don't dance, I'm not pop. I have a more bluesy voice, more like Norah Jones. I don't want to appeal to just my age group and younger."

The fledgling singer insists Britney is fully behind her, despite rumours the 25-year-old star was unhappy with her cousin's decision to follow in her musical footsteps.

She said: "She heard my songs on the laptop and was like, 'I love this song! This is you singing?' She has always been supportive."

No comments:

Read more news on this Celebrity >+